Last evening, when I was driving through the mountains on my way home from work, the clouds were thick, and grey, and low-hanging. It was really, really dark, and isolated feeling, and all around quite out of SoCal's character, and of course I loved it. And hurrah! The clouds are still here today, on my day off, which means I get to curl up with a book for as long as I like. It's not autumnal, or anything like that (sigh), but a nice little break until the next bout of global warming.
Great Quote #1, reprinted with Sunnydale Library Employee Mr. E's permission: "The Chinese have a wise saying. If you don't get rid of the old, how will you have room for the new?
So it looks like I am going to be taking a trip to Portland, Oregon for Labor Day weekend. Whether I am driving or flying remains to be seen. But the best part? My supervisor said it was alright for me to get an eyebrow piercing, so that's what I will do up in Portland. It seems really fitting.
Great Quote (dialogue, really) #2, reprinted courtesy of my big sisters:
Big Sister #1 (Talking on phone with Big Sister #2): Blah blah blah Oh my god! There's mouse shit in one of my kitchen drawers!
Big Sister #2: Oh my god! That's horrible!
Big Sister #1: I know!
Big Sister #2: I mean, that's really awful! No one should have to shit in a drawer!
I watched the BBC miniseries Bleak House earlier this week, and it was so darned good. Of course, I have a soft spot for Gillian Anderson (mmm, Gillian), but regardless, it was really well done. The book was incredibly slow-paced, but somehow the producers made the show flawlessly fast-paced. And captured Dickens' compassion really well, too. I won't shut up about it--I've become something of a Dickens pimp at work; it's rather disturbing!
No comments:
Post a Comment